Thursday 9 April 2015

Homework Reminders, Links and Videos to Today’s Heredity Lesson

Dear 5B,

Please complete pg 1-6 of Activity 1-What did I Inherit worksheet. This worksheet should take you around 30minutes to complete. This is due next Monday, 13th April.

For ‘My Handy Traits’ that is on pg 6 of Activity 1-What did I inherit Worksheet, you are to identify the traits that were passed down to you by your parents, shared with your siblings, your form teacher and a trait no one else has in your family and write them down in the blank hands template given to you on pg 6. Refer to the instructions and headings of the different categories of the ‘fingers’ on pg 5 of the worksheet.

As promised, I have included the links to the videos to help you understand more about dominant and recessive genes that explain why some offspring may look differently from their parents for a particular trait below.

HYPERLINK "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mehz7tCxjSE&list=PLhrpU3EM24WbANdvQ1hGQmFMWjkNV62Vl" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mehz7tCxjSE&list=PLhrpU3EM24WbANdvQ1hGQmFMWjkNV62Vl

HYPERLINK "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4izVAkhMPQ&list=PLhrpU3EM24WbANdvQ1hGQmFMWjkNV62Vl&index=2" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4izVAkhMPQ&list=PLhrpU3EM24WbANdvQ1hGQmFMWjkNV62Vl&index=2

Please remember to learn the spelling and the meaning of the words for next Wednesday’s Science lesson, as well as to do your corrections in your Nature Study Book and get your parents to sign your spelling tests. I hope you have enjoyed the activities in class today. Stay fit and healthy, 5B!

From: Ms Pan

9 comments:

  1. So we have to compare our traits with Mr Kamsari rite?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, identify one trait that you have in common with Mr Kamsari.:) -Ms Pan

      Delete
  2. But what if I can find any traits I have in common with him???

    ReplyDelete
  3. And what if all of my family members has the same trait as me?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really ?! There must be some traits. U did not check search the Internet for more traits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My only trait difference between me and my family is my hair has two crown.

      Delete
    2. No, I really do not have any traits different from my family, mine is all the same as my mother

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete